I'm on hiatus until mid-December so will be judging this then. Sorry for the delay.
The lights go down and the spotlights flick on with a crash. The audience is hushed and sat in darkness. Who -or what- will come forward to perform to their best?
That's right, it's exhibition time! Any animal, any discipline - just show them off!
This event is set in Hightor's main indoor arena. The entire area is pitch black, dotted with bright spotlights that you can use however you wish. Colours, patterns and positions can be customised to each performance.
DEADLINE: 15th December.
Arena Reference: fav.me/d6min3h
Current Entries: fav.me/d6ndhov
Divisions may change by discipline/breed depending on entries.
- Realistic horses only. Must be of or based on a real breed and with real colours. Real breed horses must fit breed standard (e.g. no palomino tobiano Thoroughbreds). Ask if unsure.
- Can be shown in any discipline that may fit in a 60 x 40m International-sized arena, including at-liberty.
- Realistic dogs only. Must be of or based on a real breed and with real colours. Real breed dogs must fit breed standard. Ask if unsure.
- Can be shown in-hand or performing agility or herding trials.
- Realistic livestock only. Must be of or based on a real breed and with real colours. Real breed animals must fit breed standard. Ask if unsure.
- Permitted species: Cattle, Sheep, Goats, Pigs (Ask about others).
- To be shown in halter only.
- Effort [40%]
- Use of Lighting [30%]
- Art Quality [20%]
- Overall Effectiveness [10%]
- How will judging work if there is only one entry in my category? (e.g. cattle).
All classes will have a minimum of 3 entrants, filled out by ghost entrants if necessary. You will be judged against these ghosts, but prizes will be given out to real entrants only (e.g. 1st - Ghost, 2nd - Ghost, 3rd - Entrant (1st Place Prize). Ghosts will have a RNG score.
- What should handlers/riders wear?
All attire should be as standard for your discipline (smart wear for handlers). All riders must wear a safety hat.
- Can I trace/use an old image/sketch/just submit a portrait?
Images need to be full-body (or close) and drawn specifically for this event (unless you somehow already had an image that would fit!). I'm not going to dictate how you draw your entries but you will score very low for entries with zero effort.
- How do I send in entries?
NOTE me entries. I will be listing them in a separate journal. If your entry does not appear within a few days of sending a note, re-send it to me.
Prizes: (Donations welcome!)
Ribbons for all. Grand Champion and Reserve will receive a trophy.
Digital full body OR x2 full bodies in 'origami style' from Eeconyn
x2 fully custom OchaSportPony designs
Digital portrait OR a full body in 'origami style' from Eeconyn
x1 fully custom OchaSportPony design
Portrait in 'origami style' from Eeconyn
x1 common rarity custom OchaSportPony design
(Please follow up on prizes that you want - donators will not be contacting winners directly.)
Skin by fantasy-alive